We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you are identifiable, then you can be assured it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may change this policy from time to time to update it to reflect changes. This will be displayed on our website so you can check you are happy with these changes. This policy becomes effective from 25th May, 2018.
Information we collect
We collect the following information:
- Your name and address for internal record keeping
- Your contact information including email addresses
- Demographic information such as your postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to our work to support people
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and to record any support you have given or received from us. We use this for
- Internal record keeping
- To send out periodicals to keep in touch about projects which we think you may find interesting using either the email you have provided us with, or contact by mail, depending on your preference
- To maintain appropriate levels of relevant and mutually agreed support
- To increase funds for the charity by reclaiming gift aid donations made to support our work
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
We will not distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee of £10 will be payable to cover administrative fees and postage. If you would like a copy of the information held please write to CP Cumbria/Cumbria Cerebral Palsy, 22 Spencer Street, Carlisle, CA1 1BG.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to, or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.